This is a project that encourages employees and their families to participate in actions of social and community interest, implementing projects that the institutions concerned wish to pursue, but for which they have no human and financial means.
Launch of Millennium bim's corporate volunteering program with two distinct actions.
- Roque Mission Orphanage, Matutuine, Maputo. The Cultural Centre and Children's Playground were refurbished;
- At Christmas, toys, clothes, school supplies and food products were offered to the Dominican Sisters' School in Xai-Xai, Gaza.
Promotion of the “Millennium bim Responsável” project at the Maguaza Reception Centre in Matola, which welcomes children that are victims of extreme circumstances.
- A bakery was built to supply the centre while creating a source of income;
- There was a donation of clothing and toys;
- Refurbishment and painting of swings and centre gates.
Millennium bim joins the Stewart Sukuma Association and surprises children at the Matola nursery.
- Physiotherapy rooms and playrooms were equipped;
- These children were given moments of fun and conditions for their cognitive growth and development to become a reality.
Over 600 people attended to support Casa do Gaito in Maputo.
- Refurbishment of infrastructure, creation of new areas of interaction and psychosocial development of young residents, donation of 400 chicks to restock its existing aviary and their respective ration;
- Millennium bim, in collaboration with the DIC - Civil Identification Directorate, offered children the opportunity to have their Identity Card issued
Infulene Pilot Reception Centre in Matola received contributions to improve the living conditions of the 60 orphaned children, including the refurbishment of the playground, the bedrooms and the cafeteria and the provision of mattresses, clothes, books, toys, school supplies, and sports equipment, among others.
- The Paediatric Haematology-Oncology unit of Maputo Central Hospital benefited from repair of its windows, full wall painting, floor replacement, reconstruction of damaged areas of some sectors of this unit and the provision of furniture;
- In response to heavy flooding in the central and northern part of the country, it was able to collect over one and a half tonnes of goods such as blankets, clothes, shoes, toys, school supplies and 1 million meticais;
The activities project for the ADPP Children's Town in Maputo has had the support of Millennium bim over the last 3 years with the creation of 1 sewing workshop, 1 carpentry shop and workshops to plan, organize and execute a sales plan, applied to its reality.
- 9 tonnes of staple food and 8 bicycles were delivered to support drought-affected local communities in Inhambane;
- A new library was created with about 250 books provided by the HELPO Association for students at Unidade 25 Primary School in Maputo, as well as transforming a run-down building into a suitable space to host a library.